For about two years, Ken and I have been praying for the church God would have us serve. As we began getting to know Manchester Creek Community Church, we witnessed God answering our prayers.
Some things we love about the church:
- The people love, understand, talk about, and rejoice in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The church does not have a lot of programs to maintain. This positions the church well to respond to needs in the community.
- The church body has a warm and friendly spirit. Many people told us they were drawn to Manchester Creek because of the friendliness of the people.
- Manchester Creek is fun! Ken realized this during a phone interview with the search committee. He found himself laughing with them, telling jokes, and feeling like they were old friends. (In fact, the tag line of the church is "A fun place to get serious with God." Is this Ken in a nutshell, or what?!)
- The church has a mix of generations, a vital aspect of a healthy church.
- Local outreach is important to them.
- World missions are important to them.
- They value biblical preaching and teaching.
- Their eight core values are solid and motivating: God's word, cultural relevance, community of grace, loving relationships, inspiring worship, changed lives, ministry participation, and compassionate outreach.
- They obviously love and care about their pastor and his family. (We are receiving some of this loving care this weekend ~ Some church members are travelling to Louisville to help load up our truck. Then they are personally driving it to Rock Hill!)
- They respect and trust their leadership.
- They have highly qualified lay-leaders, including a dynamite elder board.
- The church has a realistic and honest estimation of itself.
God has now given us the names and faces of the church we have been praying for all this time! We can't wait to get there!