Sunday, October 26, 2008

The trend in conservative evangelicalism

I love conferences. Over the past eight years, I have attended numerous beneficial and stimulating conferences on subjects ranging from legal issues in the church to the Pastor's Conference at Bethlehem Baptist. But, I must confess that conservative evangelicalism has become obsessed with conferences.

If I wanted (and Kimberly would let me spend the big bucks associated with conferences) I could go to a really good conference each month. When I begin my next pastorate, I want to still attend conferences, but I need to be discerning. Which conference will best equip me and my staff to love the LORD and shepherd His people? Is this for the building up of the church or for my relaxation? Am I becoming a conference-junky?

Feel free to keep me accountable concerning conferences over the years.

No comments: