Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A frequent question asked of us (Ken's answer)

We are continually asked where we will go and serve after I finish seminary. The most simple and proper answer is that we don't know. We are very confident that God will clearly lead us to the church that He wants me to serve as a pastor.

That said, I would love the opportunity to be near one of my brothers and their families. Lanny is in Houston, TX and Rob lives in Seattle, WA. I was reflecting on how long it has been since I have lived near my family. It has been over 15 years! We are a very close family. As many of you know my mom was the gravitational force that drew us back to Burlington. With her gone and the Schmidt families scattered around the country it has been hard to get together often.

My prayer life has reflected this desire lately.

No comments: