Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ken's reading update

I am in the midst of reading numerous books. My most enjoyable reading is from the Bible. I am reading and meditating on the books of Colossians and James. Great reminders of the supremacy of Christ (Colossians) and the reality of living faith (James) and how they impact the way we live our lives. As far as seminary reading, I am really enjoying the reading for my church history class. We have been focusing on the Patristic period (~ AD 90-150) and the Ante-Nicene period (~ AD 150-325). The primary sources are a tough read but very profitable. We are also reading a couple of secondary sources that are very readable and factual. The two books are: The Story of Christianity by Justo Gonzalez and Historical Theology: An Introduction

No comments: