Friday, March 14, 2008

Calvin's 3rd Birthday!

Today is Calvin's 3rd birthday. We will celebrate tomorrow when Grandpa John, Grandma Patti, and Uncle Ross arrive. But to make today special, he had sprinkles and candles in his cream of wheat, the Special Plate at lunch, and a Krispie Kreme donut that Daddy brought home after school. He also learned how to hold up three fingers. We did a bit of shopping. While we were out, Calvin called out to a stranger, "I'm a birthday boy!"

It seems like just yesterday that I held Calvin for the first time, at 9:30 p.m. on a Monday night. And now he can hold a conversation, dance to the Wiggles, recite scripture, retell Bible stories, count to twelve, sing the ABC's, correctly use words like "generous" and "cacti," tell me the titles of most of his books, and pee-pee standing up. (This one is new. I told him he couldn't do this until he turned 3. The day has come. Messes included.)

I'm starting to understand what all of my older parent-friends tell me: it goes so fast.

Seize the day! Get all the extra hugs and cuddles and kisses and giggles and memories in that you can! Teach, teach, teach! Train, train, train! Love, love, love!

2 comments:

Pat said...

If I had known it was Calvins birthday I would have sent him a present instead of you two. Happy Birthday Calvin

LaDay's said...

Just checked your blog for the first time in a while. So much fun with two boys! David wants to know if you've "become rednecks" yet? Ha Ha! Love to you guys!!!
Laura LaDay
Ken, David's email address is dladay@spijan.com