Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thoughts on Brett Favre retiring

The comment by my good friend Pat made me think. I am not sad that Brett Favre retired. I was surprised initially, but, as I have thought about it, it makes sense. I thought Brett would retire both of the previous two seasons. He was average at best those years. He was awesome this year. This is the way for one of the best football players in the history of the NFL to go out. He had one of his best years. The Packers did much better than anyone thought they would. Also, Brett has played at least 27 seasons of football (this is figuring from his Jr. High days until last season). That is a lot of football folks.

Sundays will be different next year, but, they will be exciting. The Vikings might actually have a chance to beat the Packers now (sorry Pat, you knew that one was coming). I think the Packers will take a step back next year, but in the next 3-5 years they will win at least one Super Bowl with Aaron Rogers.

One last note to Pat, John and Patti will be coming down in a week or so, you know what you can do to get on my good side again (ha ha).

Go Pack Go

1 comment:

Johnstons.in.Cambridge said...

Well, when I saw your headline that "The Greatest" was retiring, I thought I was in a time warp.

Didn't Walter Payton retire fifteen years ago or so?