Two nights ago, for family Bible time, we read about King Josiah. During his reign over Judah, the scriptures were found in the temple.
I don't have too many creative ideas, but as we read and talked about the story, I thought, we could make scrolls!
This is how a 1-yr-old and a 3-yr-old make scrolls:
1. Mom collects art supplies
2. Mom gives the boys a piece of paper each
3. 1-yr-old and 3-yr-old ball up the paper over and over again to make it look old
4. Mom writes scripture on the scrolls
5. Mom staples popsicle sticks to the ends of the scrolls
6. Mom rolls up the scrolls
7. Mom takes a picture of the scrolls before...
8. 1-yr-old and a 3-yr-old tear the scrolls to bits while playing
(I did preserve some of the scrolls, and we read our memory verse from them at dinner time.)