Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Kim's Book List

Have you noticed that Ken and I love to read (and write about) books? Awhile back, Ken posted a list of his favorite books, ones he considers worth reading many times. I figured it was time for a list of my own. My list is of the books that have most influenced me (besides the Bible), and it's much longer than Ken's list. He did a better job than I did at narrowing it down:

1. Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret, by Howard and Geraldine Taylor
2. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, by Donald Whitney
3. Shadow of the Almighty, by Elizabeth Elliott
4. The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
5. Systematic Theology, by Wayne Grudem (and I have not read all of it, but a lot of it)
6. Desiring God, by John Piper
7. Faith is not a Feeling, by Ney Bailey
8. Finding Common Ground, by Tim Downs
9. Questioning Evangelism, by Randy Newman
10. Passion and Purity, by Elizabeth Elliott
11. Lady in Waiting, by Jackie Kendall
14. The Peace Maker, by Ken Sande
15. Let Me Be A Woman, by Elizabeth Elliott
16. The Joy of Hospitality, by Vonette Bright
17. Worship and Service Hymnal, Hope Publishing Company (I have an old copy, held together with green tape, with "University Ave. Congregational Church" printed in gold.)


I hope you have time to enjoy a good book today!

1 comment:

heidi said...

Kim, thanks for posting your book list...I love it! I'm always looking for new books to help w/life enrichment:) I'll call you soon! Love, Heidi